Saturday 5 February 2011

The xx

I used to hate them. Now I love them.
I used to think they were boring and meaningless with no stage presence and 10 of the same slow, quiet songs but now I think they embody a beautiful, peaceful, melodic, original, refreshing, delicate and honest sound.
To be fair, for me to change my mind isn't an unusual thing. I do it more than I wash my hair, which is why I could never get a tattoo or live abroad.
I think they reason I initially didn't like The xx was cause I saw them supporting Florence & The Machine just before I got obsessed with her and decided I fancied her, so I didn't give these unusual spooky guys much of a chance, although the girl singer did have a nice beaded jumper. 



They're probably only a live band if you really really adore them and you're sitting in a dark field at night with stars and blankets and smoke and dew covered spider webs and draped purple scarves with moons and zodiac signs and a little bit of glitter, not being overly specific or anything.

Anyway, If you like the song Islands or just relaxing music I would recommend a listen to The xx's album.

"ll forgive and forget, before I'm paralyzed.
Do I have to keep up the pace, to keep you satisfied?
Things have gotten closer to the sun, and I've done things in small doses.
So don't think that I'm pushing you away-
when you're the one that I've kept closest"

1 comment:

  1. 'sitting in a dark field at night with stars and blankets and smoke and dew covered spider webs and draped purple scarves with moons and zodiac signs and a little bit of glitter...'

    that sounds lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete