Monday 18 June 2012

Colours of night time


What are these things called? Light spots? Glare? Blur? Sun filters? A mistake? I don't know but I love them. The photo above (which I think I've posted before) actually was a mistake, I was taking photos through the car window (which explains the raindrop) and that happened. Those little red and yellow circles must be the out of focus streetlights and vehicles in the background. I love that they make night time look so colourful - because it is, industrial lights and the glow from peoples homes lighting up the dark, it's beautiful. Ever since this photo I've been trying to recapture the same enchantment - and now I've learnt how! The photos below for example were taken on the camera's close up setting and all I did was zoom in to a pile of blue and green marbles, that meant that the camera couldn't focus and it did this. Moving around the marbles and getting different angles meant that I could almost control how many light spots there were and how much colour I wanted in the background. Not only am I thrilled with the results but I'm also really happy that I learnt how to do it myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment