Tuesday 23 August 2011

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time"





Hello, these are pictures of paper with words on them from the Laing Art Gallery in Newcastle. I went there the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it, I bought a badge with a painting of a cat on and a ring with a painting of a lady in. Getting all cultural. No, seriously, I have a real thing for art galleries and museums (just to complete the package I'll say now that I also love word searches and quizzes) Anyway, I was never into fancy, biblical, renaissance art until we went to the Edinburgh gallery on the art trip and I spent four hours staring in amazement at all these massive, perfect, breath taking paintings that were so full of stuff going on but every bit of it was immaculate, even the shadows and the leaves, it was incredible. And now I'm a fan.
In reference to the first lot of photos though, I really like interactional art where people can get involved and write things down cause you know that that's honest and real, plus some of them are just funny. These are some renaissance artists I discovered called Arthur Hughes and John William Waterhouse and took a shine to...






No comments:

Post a Comment