Tuesday 4 October 2011

this is england








Trusty Wikipedia said "Punk fashion is the clothing, hairstyles, cosmetics, jewelry, and body modifications of the punk subculture. The distinct social dress of other subcultures and art movements, including glam rock, skinheads, rude boys, greasers, and mods have influenced punk fashion. Many punks use clothing as a way of making a statement" No other style movement has interested me more than punk. It's got attitude and meaning and personality. I think the threat and edge is the main attraction. 'Do I ask for a photo or could that be seen as ignorant and intrusive?, Are punks really as angry as stereotypes suggest?' I don't think so. When 'punk's' get up and get dressed I presume they don't think 'oh I'd better find the safety pins and denim jacket so I can look punk', they just get dressed like everybody else and happen to end up looking really cool. If only I had a more adaptable face, a nicer shaped head and more obedient hair I would get a mohican in no time. Sadly, I don't think that'll happen any time soon. For now I'll just stick to the Dr Martens and excessive Google imaging.
(photo's gained through the window of H&M)

No comments:

Post a Comment