Sunday 25 September 2011

This is what happens when I get locked out

I forgot my key so am sitting in the Library not sure what to do. I just got a whiff of the nice vanilla smell I also got a whiff of in English, but I don't know where it's from. I'm very hungry and quite restless and a bit annoyed. I've started reading an excellent book but I don't have it with me. It's called The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. I really just want to go home. This is really quite inconvenient for me.
I am now sat on top of a big pile of rocks and steps that dad said used to be a slide. I'm watching the sea, it's very calm and flat and big but it makes me need a wee even more. Just as I think to myself 'I'm sat here watching so I hope something interesting happens' a man wearing long, black, religious robes and a grey beard walks past, we often see him going past our house.
That mans gone now, another person we often see has turned up. She's wearing a long, pale blue coat and drags a lilac shopping basket behind her, she walks the same path he did but from the opposite direction. Come to think of it, I first saw her where I last saw him.
Now a jogger in bright red shorts with a dog has appeared. I can hear his trainers stamp in time with the dog's claws. They don't go up the same path as the man and the woman though. Now a speed boat is going past on the sea making many different noises. I should clarify that the runner was wearing red shorts, not his dog. I hope mum gets home soon. I'm starting to get a bit aggravated and this stone is no longer comfortable. I cough and get a bit startled as it's the only proper near by sound I've heard since lunchtime. The sun's reflecting on a life jacket, making one part of it's case really bright white. It's odd down here. No one's gone past in a while. Looking around me I feel a bit alone but not in a sad way. I've never wanted to be home so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment